Marketing and Communications Volunteer
2nd August 2022
Leeds Mencap are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who can help us raise more funds, engage more people in the community and create awareness of our charity across Leeds. This exciting role is varied and you’ll get the opportunity to learn about marketing, communications and social media in a charity setting.
Leeds Mencap is a local, independent charity that helps children and young people with learning disabilities across Leeds. Life is challenging and can be isolating for people with learning disabilities and we are here to ensure families get the best support they need so their children can fulfil their potential in life.
- Keeping social media channels updated, monitoring activity and responding to interactions, using Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Hootsuite
- Supporting our social media strategy by encouraging others to comment and share and increasing our number of followers
- Make links to appropriate new individuals or organisations to build and sustain new relationships within our online community
- Writing content for marketing materials and communications (such as a fundraising poster, a blog on our website or a newsletter email)
- Design of marketing materials using programmes such as publisher or Canva
- Creating press releases and sending them out to local media
Skills, knowledge and attitude
Volunteers may have a passion for fundraising or marketing, or be enthusiastic about communications or graphic design. For this role volunteers need to be creative and have fantastic written communication skills. We would really value someone with graphic design experience, however this is not necessary.
Volunteers should be able to commit to 3 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months, ideally longer.
This role requires volunteers to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. There is no cost to the volunteer for this. Details will be given upon induction.
Travel costs and any additional expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Location: Leeds Mencap, The Vinery Centre, Leeds, LS9 9LU
How to apply
To apply for any of our volunteering opportunities, please download and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Email completed forms to email@example.com