Fundraising Administration Volunteer
Leeds Mencap are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who can help us raise more funds, engage more people in the community and create awareness of our charity across Leeds. This exciting role is varied and you’ll get the opportunity to learn about fundraising and be involved with approaching Companies and Charitable Trusts.
Leeds Mencap is a local, independent charity that helps children and young people with learning disabilities across Leeds. Life is challenging and can be isolating for people with learning disabilities and we are here to ensure families get the best support they need so their children can fulfil their potential in life.
- Providing admin support for the Fundraising and communications team
- Researching new fundraising partners such as companies and Charitable Trusts
- With support, approaching new fundraising partners such as companies and Charitable Trusts
- Responding to emails from potential volunteers or challenge event participants
- Researching and sourcing items for events, such as entertainment and raffle prizes
- Helping design information packs and promotional materials for different audiences
- Distributing fundraising materials and mailings to different community groups
Skills, knowledge and attitude
Volunteers may have a passion for fundraising, or may be enthusiastic about communications and administration. For this role, volunteers need to be confident using IT and Microsoft word/excel/outlook. They need to have good verbal and written communication skills.
Volunteers should be able to commit to 3 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months, ideally longer.
This role requires volunteers to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. There is no cost to the volunteer for this. Details will be given upon induction.
Travel costs and any additional expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Location: Leeds Mencap, The Vinery Centre, Leeds, LS9 9LU
How to apply
To apply for any of our volunteering opportunities, please download and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org