1st November 2023
Job Title: Playscheme Assistant
Reporting to: Playscheme Leader & Seniors
Responsible for: Volunteers/Placements
Salary: £11.19 per hour
Hours: Variable to suit across schools holidays:
Leeds Mencap offers a range of services for children and families. We are recruiting to the post of Playscheme Assistants for our school holiday activities; there are a number of vacancies in the team as we are hoping to expand the pool of Playscheme Assistant.
We currently offer seven weeks of playschemes per year for children and young people aged 4 -18 years old and these run in October and February Half term and during the Easter and Summer holidays. they provide fun and creative activities that excite and inspire children and allow them to have a variety of experiences regardless of their disability. Our playschemes are open to children and young people with a wide range of support needs. The Playscheme Assistant is to ensure children and young people participate in activities, have fun and enjoy themselves.
- Responsible for supporting children/young people with a learning disability to participate fully in activities such as games, sports, arts and crafts, baking, visits to museums, farms and other places of interest
- Attend morning briefings and take responsibility for specific tasks as assigned by the Playscheme Leader and Seniors
- Responsible for maintaining a physical environment that is a clean, tidy and secure for children, staff and visitors and to report any injury/accident to the Leader or Seniors and record in an appropriate way
- Work as part of a strong team, committed to excellent service delivery
- Provide continuous monitoring for all service users, maintain staff ratios and report any safeguarding concerns immediately
- Provide care to the children attending the playscheme including support with feeding and meeting personal care needs and administering medication where prior training has been provided
- Liaise with playscheme parents/carers as necessary during the drop-off and pick up and make sure any important information is shared appropriately. Maintain daily records for each child as directed by the Leader and Seniors
- Follow the services Health and Safety regulations and adhere to risk assessments
- Maintain confidentiality of information about all children and families attending services
- Adhere to all Leeds Mencap policies and procedures including ensuring that anti-discriminatory practice is maintained by all staff, volunteers and service users
- Ensure that training is kept up to date and to be willing to attend.
- Leeds Mencap is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to fully share and demonstrate this commitment.
- Treat everyone with respect and promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all actions and activities
- Attend and contribute to meetings as required
- Attend training as needed and demonstrate commitment to learning and development
- Adhere to all organisational policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Protection.
- Any other duties and tasks as reasonably requested
How to apply
Please download and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and return this to email@example.com
We recruit for Playscheme assistants on a rolling basis and accept applications for Playscheme throughout the year.
Now recruiting for February 2024