Leeds Mencap x Headrow House Christmas Quiz
Returning for the third year in a row, join us at the brilliant Headrow House to test your knowledge and kick off your festive celebrations!
Our Christmas quiz
Our festive quiz is taking place on the 7th December 2023 at 6:30pm at Headrow House, Leeds, LS1 6PU.
Tickets are available here
Host your own quiz
If you cannot attend our quiz then why not run your own?
Plan your quiz:
- Come up with the questions. You can either do this yourselves or use our question pack. Try to make your questions challenging but remember the quiz is all for fun so don’t make it impossible. Read your questions and answers through ahead of time to make sure they all make sense. Nothing ruins a quiz more than rubbish questions.
- Decide a suitable venue. Whether you meet your friends at a local pub or do the quiz from the comfort of your own home, having a cosy spot to do the quiz will make all the difference.
- Pick a suitable time. You don’t want your quiz to clash with any of your peers’ regular commitments or any major sporting or entertainment events. You want to make sure you’re quiz attendees can give you their full attention.
- Advertise your quiz on social media!
How to pay in your fundraising
You can pay in your fundraising to us in a number of ways:
- Online: set up a Just Giving page to collect your donations or donate on our website directly.
- By phone: call our friendly team on 0113 235 1331 to pay by card.
- Bank transfer: contact us on 0113 235 1331 to pay via bank transfer.
- By post: you can post cheques to: Leeds Mencap, The Vinery Centre, 20 Vinery Terrace, Leeds, LS9 9LU.
Social media is a great way to tell your story, promote your fundraising efforts and raise more awareness. Make sure to tag us @LeedsMencap in to any posts you share!
Our fundraising team are here to support you, we have a dedicated member of staff on hand to help you! Contact Abi on 0113 235 1331 or email email@example.com
How your support helps
Leeds Mencap is a charity in Leeds that helps provide support for children with learning disabilities and their families. It is an important part of the community and greatly benefits from donations of any size.
£30 could pay for an experienced adviser to provide practical support and a listening ear to a parent who doesn’t know where to turn.
£100 could pay for a Makaton tutor to teach parents attending our coffee mornings some basic signs so they can understand and communicate with their non verbal child.
£200 could pay for a group of young adults to go bowling together, giving them an opportunity for independence and socialising.
£500 could pay for the skilled staff needed to help children develop their early years skills during two sensory play sessions in our specialist play room.