If you’re interested in using your skills, knowledge and talents to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their families then take a look at our current job vacancies.
We work hard at Leeds Mencap to be able to provide high quality services to the people we support. You’ll be expected to be a strong team player and open to learning and improvement. In return you’ll be well supported, have enthusiastic and talented people around you, work in a bright, clean, vibrant environment with free parking and bike park on site and have a generous annual leave entitlement.
We’ll look forward to welcoming you to our team!
JOB TITLE: Social Media, Communications and Marketing Volunteer
POST: 3 hours per week, flexible.
Leeds Mencap is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who can help us raise more funds, engage more people in the community and create awareness of Leeds Mencap across Leeds.
This exciting role is varied and you’ll get the opportunity to learn about fundraising, be involved in organising events and meet new people in your local community.
Key Duties – may include
- Keeping social media channels updated, monitoring activity and responding to interactions (directly or through scheduling tools) – using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Hootsuite
- Supporting our overall social media strategy by encouraging others to comment and share and increasing our number of followers
- Make links to appropriate new individuals or organisations to build and sustain new relationships within our online community
- Writing content for marketing materials and communications (this could be something like a fundraising flyer or poster, a blog on our website, a marketing email or a report)
- Design of marketing materials using programmes (like Publisher, Paint, CANVA)
- Source content from staff and external contacts for news stories and social media
- Support service staff to keep social media up to date, improve marketing materials and promote our services
- Administrative support and research for fundraising campaigns and events
Volunteers should have some experience in social media, communications and/or marketing; however this doesn’t need to have been in a paid role. You may have experience from volunteer work or personal interests.
Volunteers need to be friendly and approachable, with good communication skills and the ability to cope with a variety of demands.
Volunteers should be able to commit to 3 hours per week, for a minimum of 6 months, ideally longer.
This role requires volunteers to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. There is no cost to the volunteer for this.
Travel costs and any additional expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Please contact Caitlin Hazell for more information or an informal chat and to request an application form. To download full role details, click here.
0113 235 1331 email@example.com