ME2 U.Dance Success!
The Me2 Inclusive Youth Dance Company has been selected for National Youth Dance Platform U.Dance
On Saturday 1st May, Me2 performed at Fresh 2017, a regional dance platform for youth dance companies in Yorkshire.
We are very excited to announce that following on from this performance, a panel of judges selected Me2 to represent Yorkshire at U.Dance 2017!
U. Dance is Youth Dance England’s flagship event, that will this year take place at Birmingham Hippodrome in July. High Storrs Dance Company were also selected to perform at U.Dance and will join Me2 in representing the region at this national event.
Karen Bartholomew, co-director of MeshDance says
"I am extremely proud of Me2 and how hard they have worked to share their love and enthusiasm for dance. As a group of young people with additional needs, they love to share their dedication and passion to perform, whilst also challenging people’s perceptions on what young people with disabilities can achieve."
"Being chosen to represent Yorkshire at U.Dance is an honour and we are really excited to meet other youth dance companies, watch them perform and take part in performances and workshops as part of the festival in July."
If you’d like to support Me2’s journey to U.Dance, you can follow their adventures at www.facebook.com/meshdance and if you’d like to donate to their crowdfunding page, this can be found at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Me2
Share this page
- 5th June 2017 Super Supporter Climbs Kilimanjaro For Our Services For Children And Young People
- 3rd May 2017 Ben’s Story and Friday Club
- 28th April 2017 Therapy advice for pre-school children with Down’s Syndrome
- 13th March 2017 Leeds office of global law firm Squire Patton Boggs raises a fantastic £23,000
- 8th March 2017 This International Women’s Day - here are the words from one mum