Leeds Learning Disability Week 2017
Dance, Walk or Bake this June to raise money and BIG awareness for learning disability in Leeds!
We’re planning a fun-filled week of events and activities from 19th to 25th June to raise awareness and funds to support local individuals and families.
We’d love you to be involved!
Did you know, nearly 1 in 3 of 18-35 year olds with a learning disability spend less than 1 hour a day outside their homes? We enable young people to explore their interests, to enjoy more independence and to build friendships in our youth clubs – just one of the services we provide.*
Here are some ways to get involved this year…..
- Leeds Local Offer Live! Visit us at the Leeds Local Offer Live on the 7th June 2017. Our Family Services Team will be providing information about our activities for young people aged 16-25 and support for parents and carers.
- Learn about support for parents and carers of teenagers and young adults in Leeds: At The Vinery Centre on Weds 21st June 11am-1pm, with Carers Leeds
- Sky dive: Get a different view of the world with a sponsored sky dive on 24th June and jump for FREE if you raise the minimum amount! (10 places available)
- Zumbathon: On 24th June at The Vinery Centre, open to a range of ages and abilities. The Zumbathon is a great opportunity to have fun, dance and get fit – do bring a friend if you can!
- Supermarket bag pack: Could you get a group together from your company, school, church, scouts or guides, to help customers with their shopping for a donation? We have places booked for 21st, 23rd and 24th June. See full details below.
- Walk or run: Do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge as a group on 9th/10th June or pick a date to suit you. We also have places in Leeds 10k and Yorkshire Marathon.
- Bake and brew: Ask friends or colleagues to bake cakes and to buy for a donation, or get competitive and hold a bake off challenge!
- Do your own thing: Be creative – how about a pub quiz, shared lunch or car wash! Let us know what you decide and we’ll help with fundraising ideas.
- Hear some great music: Pop along to Leeds train station from 4pm on Friday 23rd June to see a performance from The Outsiders.
Contact us to sign up!