Leeds Learning Disability Week 2017
Jump, Walk or Bake this June to raise money and BIG awareness for learning disability in Leeds!
We’re planning a fun-filled week of events and activities from 19th to 25th June to raise awareness and funds to support local individuals and families.
We’d love you to be involved!
Did you know, nearly 1 in 3 of 18-35 year olds with a learning disability spend less than 1 hour a day outside their homes? We enable young people to explore their interests, to enjoy more independence and to build friendships in our youth clubs – just one of the services we provide.*
Here are some ways to get involved this year…..
- Sky dive: Get a different view of the world with a sponsored sky dive on 24th June and jump for FREE if you raise the minimum amount! (10 places available)
- Zumbathon: On 24th June at The Vinery Centre, open to a range of ages and abilities. It’s a great opportunity to have fun, dance and get fit – do bring a friend if you can!
- Walk or run: Do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge as a group on 9th/10th June or pick a date to suit you. We also have places in Leeds 10k and Yorkshire Marathon.
- Bake off challenge: Hold a bake off challenge in your office or with friends!
- Supermarket bag pack: Could your school, church or scouts or guides group help customers with their shopping for a donation?
- Do your own thing: Be creative – how about a pub quiz, shared lunch or car wash! Let us know what you decide and we’ll help with fundraising ideas.
Contact us to sign up!